Entry into the Carlton Woods Invitational is strictly by invitation from the Tournament Committee. The 96-player field will be comprised of two tournament divisions, a Mid-Am Division for players aged 25-54, and a Senior Division for players aged 55 and above.
1. Past winners
2. Winner or runner-up of any US State Amateur, Mid-Amateur or Senior Amateur Championship
3. Qualifier for USGA Mid-Am Championship
4. Qualifier for USGA Senior Amateur Championship or USGA Senior Open Championship (as an amateur)
5. Top 50% of finishers in each division of the previous year’s tournament.
6. Top 4 finishers for Carlton Woods medal play championship
7. Winner and Runner-up from Carlton Woods match play championship
8. Prior year contestants and other accomplished amateur golfers with an index of 1.0 or less who have successfully competed at the national and regional level. Accomplishments should be documented as part of the application.
Invitation recipients will be considered by the tournament committee and given priority based upon the numerical order above until the field is full. All entrants are subject to the tournament’s Mid-Am and Senior age requirements.
The Carlton Woods Invitational will be a 54-hole stroke play tournament on the award-winning Fazio Signature Course. Any ties for the individual mid-am championship and the senior amateur championship will be settled after the conclusion of play by “sudden death” playoff on the 18th hole and will continue on the 18th hole until an overall winner is determined.
Prizes for both Divisions will be similar and proportionate to the number of participants in each Division. (Pro Shop merchandise will be given.)
The $700 entry fee includes a practice round and three tournament rounds, carts, unlimited practice balls, awards, parties, gratuities, breakfast and lunch throughout the tournament, and dinner on Monday and Wednesday evenings. The Club at Carlton Woods is committed to providing its players a first-class experience both on and off the golf course, and the Carlton Woods Invitational is an event unlike any other in amateur golf.
Rules and Conditions
Play will be governed by the Rules of Golf as currently defined by the United States Golf Association. Local rules, detailed tournament conditions and registration requirements will be provided prior to the start of the tournament. All players will be required to wear soft-spike or spikeless shoes. The Tournament Committee reserves the right to reject or ban an applicant or participant at any time before or after the start of tournament play. Any tournament participant engaging in unbecoming or unsportsmanlike conduct during tournament play or otherwise is subject to rejection or disqualification as well as being permanently barred from consideration for a future invitation to the tournament.
Caddies and Carts
Players may use automotive transportation, which is included in the entry fee. Alternatively, they may employ a caddie from The Club at Carlton Woods, or they may provide their own caddie.
Contestants should were proper, tasteful golf attire during tournament play and be neat in appearance with respect to clothing and personal grooming.